Frequently Asked Questions
Where are internships available?
- Rochester, NH
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Boerne, TX
- Querétaro, MX
- Commercy, FR
What are the minimum requirements for an internship?
- Completion of two years towards a Bachelor’s degree (related discipline based on position applied)
- A GPA of 3.0 minimum (3.50 is preferred)
What majors does AEC seek when posting internships?
- Aerospace, Composites, Mechanical or equivalent engineering degrees
- Administrative internships will require a related degree to the specific posting. For instance, an accounting internship will require the intern to be enrolled in an accounting/finance degree program.
What skills do I need?*
- Team and people skills that are required to ensure efficient execution of tasks.
- Problem solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Effective communication.
- Well organized and disciplined.
- Able to identify problems and willing to make decisions.
*Additional skills may be required based on the specific position available. Is relocation available?
Temporary Relocation is available for those students who live more than 50 miles from an AEC facility. A mileage allowance may be substituted for students living more than 50 miles from a plant and that prefer to commute.
What is the hiring process like?
The hiring process is the same as that we use for a permanent hire. Applicants for internships will go through a phone screen and interview process. For applicants who are not local, the process will be conducted by phone/Skype. Applicants that receive an offer for an internship will go through a background and health screen process. This includes a standard criminal, education, references and any employment verifications along with a drug test/health screen.