Our internship programs are intended to provide hands-on learning, in a team environment, working directly with Albany employees. The length of the internship and availability throughout the year can vary based on the company needs and/or an intern’s ability to continue working while attending classes. We offer internships across all functions in our organization; availability depends on our business units' needs at the time of posting.
To check for internship opportunities, search our jobs database.
What's it like to be an intern at Albany?
Frequently Asked Questions about Internships
Where are internships available?
Depending on business needs, our internships can take place at any Albany location globally. Some internships may also allow remote work.
What are the minimum requirements for an internship?
- Completion of two years towards a Bachelor’s degree (related discipline based on position applied)
- A GPA of 3.0 minimum (3.50 is preferred)
- Some exceptions are possible
What majors does Albany seek when posting internships?
- Aerospace, Composites, Mechanical or equivalent engineering degrees
- Administrative internships will require a related degree to the specific posting. For instance, an accounting internship will require the intern to be enrolled in an accounting/finance degree program.
What skills do I need?*
- Team and people skills that are required to ensure efficient execution of tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Effective communication
- Well organized and disciplined
- Able to identify problems and willing to make decisions
*Additional skills may be required based on the specific position available.Is relocation available?
Temporary Relocation may be available for those students who live more than 50 miles from an Albany facility.
What is the hiring process like?
The hiring process is the same as what we use for a full-time hire. Applicants for internships will go through a phone screen and interview process. For applicants who are not local, the process will be conducted by phone/video conferencing. Applicants that receive an offer for an internship will go through a background and health screen process. This includes a standard criminal, education, references and any employment verifications along with a drug test/health screen.